Skip to main content

What Do the Neighbours Think?

I wonder what the neighbours must think about us.

- Early morning: Our front and next door neighbours go off to work before 7am. We are still at home. I send Aliyah to school at 7.15am. Then, back home, sapu sampah and work on the garden. Then I catch a short nap. Then breakfast with Hubby and we go off to work at around 9.30am.
- Late afternoon: We come home at around 5.30pm. Then we sit at patio, layan Aliyah main ball kat garden, do some gardening, and Hubby siram pokok and grass till Maghrib. Our neighbour comes home around 7.15pm. We have already spent hours at home.
- Nights: Last night I went back to the office to monitor server installation for our project and came home at 1am in the morning. Hubby was waiting at the patio. I noticed a couple of neighbours sat talking after their nightly game of badminton.

Their observation: When they go to work, we are at home. When they come back from work, we are already at home (or don't seem to look like have even gone to work). Then, occasionally, one of us would go out at night and come back very late.

I think, they might wonder whether we really have a job!

Comments