Skip to main content

Aliyah Masuk Teakwando

She's so so fragile... Boleh ke...

She came back last week with a form to join the school teakwando club. I asked her several times whether she's sure and she was quite firm. The registration and first class was yesterday. Throughout the briefing I repeatedly asked her to really listen and whether she's up to the challenge. She still maintained her stand even though this daughter of mine sometimes looks like she's in cloud nine. Her body can be present but her mind can be roving elsewhere. Always.

We enrolled her. I peeked during the introduction. She's as fragile as always but she looked like she enjoyed the class. I really hope the classes will change her for the better - less shy, more focused.

I always hate the "me" before I became an adult (or began to think like an adult). Sometimes I think if I were given opportunities or being directed to a certain direction, I might become a better person. Or would I? Or maybe this is the best path laid out for me and I am now the best person I can be? I really hope so. I do believe I am the better person today than I was yesterday, and a better person tomorrow than I am today.

Now we will try to direct Aliyah to the best path we can provide her. I hope.

Comments