Skip to main content

Once Upon A Dream

Many many years ago, when I was in my 20s, single with not much responsibilities on my shoulders, and still very much adventurous, I had this dream. That I wanted to just leave everything behind, go to one of the islands at the East Coast and find myself a simple job at one of the many resorts. So that I can spend my early mornings and evenings by the beach just sitting under a tree enjoying the sea and the salty air or walking along the beach with the waves rushing over my feet. And I would bring along a small plastic bag and pick up the rubbish or debris I chance upon at the beach, my little contribution to make the beach nice and clean. And I would go snorkeling, get a PADI license and go diving every chance I get. And I would help out at one of the marine conservation centres - I dunno, save the turtles, save the corals, save the dugong, whatever.
If only I had pursued the dream...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Grass is always greener on the other side, but we have not seen the bugs (and jellyfish!) underneath.

"Kalau lah" and "If only" are dangerous phrases Kak....

have a great weekend =:)
Aniza said…
True. But by not pursuing yg tak rasa the jellyfish sting :), but then got bitten by bugs elsewhere. Life takes us through many junctions, we pick the roads, move on and that's where we are now. No regrets, life is good. Just thought of the many turtles I could have helped save. Hehehe...