Skip to main content

International Women's Day 2007


Tomorrow is the International Women's Day. I hope tomorrow each of us, men and women, can spare just 1 minute to think about the women who make an impact in our lives and if not verbally, just whisper a quiet thank you. The women can be our mothers, sisters, grandmothers, aunts, teachers, friends, someone whom we look up to, etc. For men, please don't forget your wives.

If I close my eyes now and just type away some names, they are: my beloved mother; my eldest sister and best friend Kak Long; my second sister whom I've not seen in months Kak Lang; my 2 sister-in-laws; my staff and friend Linda; my daughter Aliyah Maisarah; my girlfriends Yatt, Eza, Aida, Angah Shikin, Eda, etc most of whom I've not seen in ages; my colleague Aimy; my sister-in-laws; my mother-in-law (ehem); that Bibik who's now back in Jakarta who was so nice to my daughter; my teachers; Oprah Winfrey; that German actress who played Martha... They have all made an impact, be it big or small or tiny, to my life at one time or another. Happy International Women's Day. Thank You.

Comments