Skip to main content

A Bit of This And That

It's been a busy week so far. Penat. So today I'm in my malas-malas mood. Settled most urgent matters in the morning and now putting my feet up and relax.

We had our 3 days training in KL from 13th to 15th. Not so good turn-up - it's after Raya so most probably people are simply too pre-occupied with open houses and kuih rayas, and it's also end of the year and most the feedback we got was - "budget dah habis la". But we still went ahead. The profile this time was even more impressive - we got one from Brunei, 2 from Sabah and a few other outstanding agencies. Alhamdulillah.

As usual, when it comes to training, food is always on the agenda. I ate at the hotel on Monday, went to work at client's place on Tuesday and ate crappy food, and went back to the hotel on Wednesday hoping to savour my favourite dessert - bread & butter pudding with vanilla sauce. Tapi hampa... Apparently, there is this Bollywood film festival here in KL (amidst the UMNO assembley?) and they housed like hundreds of people from India at the hotel. With 3/4 of the cafe filled up with them, the food was also catered towards their tastebuds. So what were we served? All food which we couldn't pronounce. There's this rice that looked and tasted like nasi beryani, then lamb masala, a few other dishes I don't feel like tasting because there are kacang kuda and okra in them. Nasib baik ada gado-gado, at least tak lah lapar. Even the desserts sucks - 3-4 dishes of caramel pudding (tak suka), some cakes (not today), some Indian sweets like pink coconut candy and some wierd looking stuff.

With the crappy food on my plates, ingatkan boleh la usha pelakon-pelakon Bollywood yang handsome and tall and fair with hidung mancung. Know what? I think the whole place was reserved for film crews and some pelakon tambahan yang keluar dalam movie like 2-3 seconds. Tak nampak sorang pun yang handsome, or fair or tall. Hidung mancung adalah sorang-dua. Bosan...

My 2nd story:
I was on my way to KL on the komuter train on Tuesday. As usual, I have a book with me. I normally would sit on seats facing the front. Don't you really hate it when things go by backwards? Anyway, the train was starting to move slowly from MidValley station and I put down my book to look outside. Know what I saw? Right smack in front of me I saw this small crowd, a few policemen carrying a stretcher and an ambulance. Right near the Volvo building. On the stretcher - a body. A dead man. I'm not so sure whether his head was hidden, or he actually has got no head. But there was A DEAD MAN.

There goes my day. I was OK in the morning but a headache was slowly building. I didn't think of the incident at all but my body was starting to react. My crappy lunch was made worse as my tastebuds don't seem to work. Makan nasi rasa pasir. By 3pm, I was having this terrible headache. Come Maghrib, my body felt weak and my hands started to shake. They were not really shaking, but I feel as it they were shaking. Called my father and asked him to make me some air jampi. He is quite good at that but his specialties are air selusuh (for pregnant women to give birth easily - didn't work so well on me though) and babies (yang dok menangis non stop tu malam-malam tu my father boleh ubat). I had difficulty sleeping, but then the next morning, OK dah. But teruk lah.

Comments