Skip to main content

Crazy People On The KTMB Komuter Train

I usually don't drive to KL. Many, many reasons why - reduce pollution, save money on petrol, toll, parking... However, the most important reason is because KL drivers are crazy. The moment they sit behind the wheels, tanduk setan started to grow and they become totally different people. I'm not going to elaborate on that.

So, my main mode of transportation to the city is the train, usually the KTM Komuter. It takes about 45mins to 1 hour to reach KL from Bangi. That is a long, long time to spend on a train. Itu pun if the train behave that day. The KTM Komuter has this really bad reputation - the trains are never on time, slow, always break down... But like it or not, I always have to take them.

I always bring a book to read on the train. Last year I read 14 books from May to December - all on the train. This year kurang sikit because I don't take the trains that often. To and fro I spend about 2.5 hours travelling, ample time to do the readings. When they say Malaysians read less than 1 book a year, you can see the evidence on a train. Not many people read on the train. Some would read the morning paper, most will either sleep, talk or just stare at a certain spot in space until they reach their destination. Berangan la tu...

I usually would whip up my book right after I sit down. Read a bit, then look around. Read some more, then look around. It's amazing the kind of people you see on the train. Macam-macam perangai. Tapi jarang jumpa orang handsome. Serious. Agaknya dia orang drive kot. Orang gila selalu jumpa. This morning I sat across one abang ni, looked so very normal. All the way to KL he simply sat still. Suddenly he spat on the floor. Yes! Right in front of everybody. So disgusting! The train stopped in between Mid Valley and KL Sentral (they always do that, why aaa...?). This guy then became a bit agitated. He started to talk to himself, mumbling something about the reasons we are stopping. Dia macam panic because the train stopped. Luckily the train moved and he went off at KL Sentral. But there I was for the next 10 minutes and 2 stops staring at his spit. Yucks.

There was another time when a crazy guy boarded the train from KL to Serdang. He walked non-stop from one end to the other, reciting words that sounded like Quranic verses. Then he suddenly started to bersilat. People backed off, giving him space to bersilat as he wished. That was scary. The moment he stepped off, I can see relief looks on people's faces.

Then there was once I sat near to a guy who had a can of Pepsi in his hands. He was holding the can like it was so precious. I was reading a book as usual. When I looked up a few minutes later, the man was gone but the Pepsi was there on his seat. That was funny. How could he forget to bring it with him? Suddenly I thought of something and held my breath. What if that can contained explosives? Maybe it is a bomb? Takkan mamat tu terlupa bawak air dia, tadi pegang tin tu macam sayang sangat. Masa tu memang pucat lesi. I just stared at the can, praying it won't blow my brains off. 3 stops later I was back in Bangi. I watched TV that night in case there's news about some train exploded. Nasib baik tak ada.

Comments

dcharmed said…
I happened to heard a conversation about this stupid man who is really wanted to experience a train crash.... and he talked to his friend how he wish the wish will come true... he just want to feel the pain... i was in that train for god sake!!! Stupid MAN!

by the way... the story about the can.. Really funny! hahahhah
Aniza said…
hehehe... at that time ada some terrorists attack somewhere, itu pasal la suspen gila. you shud whack that guy on the head!