Skip to main content

We Have Decided on the School

Last Friday we went for a visit to the Tadika Sri Pelangi. Hubby took the day off so that we can see the place in action - with live teachers and children. Since it's the school holidays, there were only a few kids there. Nonetheless, the place looked OK, the teacher friendly and the environment clean. Sarah too looked comfortable. So, that's where she will be schooling next year. Now, need to finish up the paperwork.

But then, the Sarah's excitement wore off. The next day before sleep she told me she's afraid to go to school. She wanted me to wait for her and not go to work. She said she so afraid and she will cry if I left her there. I felt so sorry for her. There she was looking so sad and lost. Tears were brimming from her eyes. I hugged her and told her I will be there waiting for her but only for a few days. But I assured her she will enjoy herself, she will make friends and learn new things. She was OK after that but I just can't get the looks of her face from my mind.

So, the real world at last... I will have to let her go for her to discover herself and her surroundings. I don't know how my mother managed this, but it is simple heart-wrenching.

Comments