Skip to main content

MCO Day 137

I lost my Acik Yaya on 28th July. My closest uncle. My mother's youngest brother. He has not been so well for the past few months but I never imagined he would be gone so soon. Within the span of less than 2 years, I've lost 2 SILs, my mother and now him. I didn't attend his funeral. With the current situation, SOP is very tight. Wouldn't want to get into trouble! Furthermore, Hubbs asked me not to go. With my current health condition, I'm now considered "high risk". Insyaallah, my prayers are always with him. 

The last time he was well enough to come to my house was Raya last year. I organised a small makan-makan and he came armed with laksa. He was an excellent cook. Always very generous with food. If you tell him you're coming for a visit, he would cook. When I took care of my mother last time, he would often come over in the morning with roti canai for us.
Raya last year - he brought kuah laksa in that blue thermos and all the condiments. Everybody took home loads of laksa leftover.

He will be missed... Al Fatihah untuk Allahyarham Yahya Busu. Allahumma firlahu warhamhu wa`afihi wa`fu`anhu. Ya Allah, ampunilah dosanya, berilah rahmatMu ke atasnya, sejahtera dan maafkanlah dia. Aminnn...

Friday was Hari Raya Aidil Adha. As usual, small celebration with the closest. 
The feast. I made rendang daging. Hubbs helped potong daging. Dia memang nak potong besau-besau sebab nak puas makan katanya. Alhamdulillah 2nd time masak ala-ala arwah Mak Mertua selalu buat dulu. Ramai juga yang suka!
Anak comel buat brownies. Pagi tu dia tolong buat cekodok. Pagi Raya makan cekodok is so unconventional. Tapi sambutan hangat!
Happy betul cucunda semalam siap buat show lagi!
Minggu lepas try makan kat Original Teppanyaki di Bangi Avenue dengan my brother Abang Ben and anak comel. Malam Hari Raya Haji bawak Hubbs pulak. We had the place all to ourselves. Orang lain masih beraya! The food here - delicious!

Starting from 1 August, wearing facemask in crowded places and public transport is mandatory. Wear it for your own safety not because you are forced to wear it. 

Stay safe!

Comments