Skip to main content

New Investment

I made a new investment this week. I bought an overlock sewing machine. Mesin cari makan. At first I didn't think I needed it. But then, I find it quite difficult to sew things just using a normal portable sewing machine per se. For seam, using zig-zag stitches might do the trick but they don't look nice and professional. Huru-hara at times! I resorted to using french seam whenever I make pants and blouses. However, french seam can be a bit bulky and not so comfy especially on a blouse.

So, I graduated to sending my cut out pieces of fabrics to Karysma in Bukit Mahkota to get them serged. Quite economical because it costs only around RM2 to RM3 per garment. Selang 2-3 hari I will pop by! But then, I started to want to make more things and found that certain items need to be serged after they are stitched. That would be a bit of a problem. You know, to bring a half finished sewing project to get it serged, with the pins and loose threads and all... Also, sometimes I only wish to serge just this small section. Or I might want to try sewing something using knitted fabric that works better with an overlock machine. ( My attempts to sew jersey fabric turned out OK last time but the zig-zag stitch on the inside looked horrible and messy!).

Anyway, after much research, asking my SIL Angah Mas' opinion, and more research, I bought Brother 2104D. From Lazada. Cheaper than buying from a store. Armed with an RM12.50 discount voucher and a free shipping voucher. Tadaaa...
 Cute. Practical. Portable. Quite easy to thread and use. Have not used it much yet but so far, alhamdulillah. I read somewhere boleh guna this machine to sew seam of tudung yang orang panggil baby seam tu. Nanti dah hilang nervous guna machine ni I nak study! Right now I have not mastered its workings yet. Maklumlah, beli online kena belajar sendiri!

Insyaallah, akan menggunakan sebaik-baiknya. I got a few outstanding sewing projects lined up! Anak comel dah tanya bila nak siap jahitkan palazzo dia 😅.
Setelah 2 minggu lebih tak pegang sewing machine, I finished making this batik patchwork tote bag yesterday. Yang ni tak guna overlock machine. Siap juga akhirnya!

Comments