Skip to main content

More of Nothing Much

I'm still doing the little pouches. On Saturday, I found some nice materials at Daiso IOI City Mall. Sebelum ni memang ada pre-cut cotton materials tapi tak banyak. Kali ni quite a range of materials they have. Bukan cotton saja. However, the cotton materials at Komonoya juga yang comel.
I bought 2 of these marine theme cotton materials.
 Comel lah juga bila dah jadi 😍
 At the last count I have completed 90 little pouches.

I don't know if you remember this little bag. I always have this little tote bag hanging at the bookshelf by my working table. This is the very first item I sewed after I bought my sewing machine. Even though I spent hours studying how to sew via YouTube, the actual act of sewing is a totally different experience. I ended up with this funny and clumsy looking bag, full of frays and loose threads, which I am so proud of till now. Alhamdulillah, from this bag, I now could sew quite a number of stuff. Ehem! OK lah kan...
 I'm now using this bag as a thread catcher.

Speaking of my sewing humble beginning, while clearing my WA folder in my phone gallery, I found this picture of my arwah SIL Kak Ros taken 2 years ago. She was my first customer. She believed in me when I myself didn't believe in me! One day I told her that I was experimenting with these free pants pattern I found on Martha Stewart's website. And that I managed to make one lazy pants for myself. She straight away ordered one. I told her I was not very good but she said it's OK. She wanted one to wear around the house. So I made her two pairs. They turned out OK but the inside frayed a bit. She was so happy with the pants and sent me a picture the next day.
She wore this one with a matching blouse and she looked absolutely beautiful. The other one was made of cotton which she always wear at home. It was the one she had on when she was taken to the hospital. I remember seeing the pants neatly folded at the side table of her bed while she was warded. 

Comments