Skip to main content

My New Bookshelf

My books have a new home. In my bedroom. Bookshelf kat bawah dah penuh. So I bought a new bookshelf just for my books. Mainly novels. Not many actually, tapi penuh juga 4 shelves. Still got empty spaces to fill up. Yang lain ada lagi kat bawah, category reference books. Sekarang baru ada semangat nak beli buku baru.
I have my Murakami collection. I have only one more to complete. Then, my Calvin & Hobbes comic books. I love Calvin & Hobbes. Funny and thought-provoking.

I also have collection of fantasy books by Raymond E Fiest. I started reading them during my PPP days. Masa kat NST dapat sorang colleague yang pun pembaca setia so selalu compare notes :). But I don't have all sebab dulu mostly I rented. But I have Magician revised edition - author's preferred edition (the combination of Apprentice & Master). The worlds of Midkemia dan Kelewan lived in my head for quite some time until the original characters grew old and some dead. Lepas tu macam dah tak berapa ikut sangat. I tried reading Robert Jordan tapi tak berapa masuk. LOTR and Hobbit wajib ada. So are Harry Potter books - after the 3rd book (I start lambat sikit), I was one of the millions yang pre-order/beratur beli on first day of launch.

I don't read chick literature (so yang "shopaholic" et al tu I tak baca). Too trivial. Masalah baju dan kasut do not apply to me :) Dulu-dulu used to read Danielle Steel and Sidney Sheldon. Sekarang bila baca balik macam... apa masalah buku ni? Adalah a few light readings like Sophies Bakery for the Broken Hearted (what a gem!) and Nicholas Spark books.

I like "heavy" stuff yang mencabar minda (ceewah!). So I do read literature books (Woman in White was so difficult but rewarding in the end), books by Asian writers (Arundhati Roy's God of Small Things), Orhan Pamuk, Lisa Lee... Some challenged me so much rasa give up nak baca, tapi baca jugak dan bila habis, baca balik sebab actually very good. Most difficult is Sophie's World, a philosophy book yang baca kali ke 3 pun still difficult.

What else... Eat, Pray, Love... Under the Tuscan Sun pun ada. Love it! Dan Brown books... Lepas Da Vinci Code tried reading The Rule of Four, but not as exciting as Dan Brown's stories so tak cari other books of that genre dah. I also have Politically Correct Bedtime Stories. Hilarious! Cider House Rules and Snow Falling on Ceders, both made into movies. The English Patient - one of the rare occasion when the movie is better than the book. Biasanya it's the other way around.

Itulah my treasure. Gelang, rantai, cincin emas, sorry I tak ada dan tak pakai :)

Comments