Skip to main content

What a Year

Everyone would agree that 2014 was such an eventful year. For our country. For me, as a person, a mother, a wife, an entrepreneur, a daughter, a sister... I sailed through the 12 months of ups and downs.

Reflecting on the year, the downs that I experienced seem like a lifetime away. There was a time, about three months I think, that both of us had to endure such hardship in terms of our finances. The only source that kept us living day to day was from the shop. And our shop is just one year old mid last month. It is still new to generate much profit for us to even rake in some decent salary. But we endured. Alhamdulillah...

I can also say it's been a boring year. Most of the time we spend at the shop. But you can be amazed at the many types and characters of people who patron our shop. The best are friends who come to support the business and strangers who later become friends. They make the shop lively and worth running. I'm not going to touch on the other type of people we meet. They are after all "bawa rezeki" no matter who they are, what they say. I thank God we never receive any peculiar ones :)

This is also the year that I constantly thank the Almighty that I am self-employed. I have the time to send and fetch Aliyah to and from school. I had the time to either cook or buy lunch/dinner for my parents. Even though for some reasons I have stopped doing it for the past few weeks, I actually missed doing it. Insyaallah I will try to do it. Will see how things go.

Insyaallah, next year will be a good year. We have endured so much hardships this year and some little things have started to open up that lift some burden off my shoulders. And there are opportunities next year that we will be able to explore. No matter what people say about 2015, if we continue to be positive and work hard and smart, Insyaallah.

Happy New Year.

Comments