Skip to main content

Ramadhan Ending

It 24th Ramadhan. Time flies. Cepat sangat masa berlalu. The office is quiet. Aliyah ponteng today. Linda has started her Raya leave. As for me, I have started writing work for mysa. Little did I know that writing for kids would be so difficult. I was stuck with the first paragraph for 2 days - writing, deleting, rewriting... Yesterday I graduated to half a page.

Last year's Ramadhan was better than this year - in many, many ways. Last year, I was much calmer, happier, even though I was broke. This year, I am jittery, depressed, and still broke. I so wish to break this unhappy barrier. Every time the depression hits, I think of the little bird that perched still on the same tree branch day after day. There must be a good reason why the little bird doesn't fly away. I should be friends with that little bird and share our stories.

Comments