Skip to main content

As Long As She's Happy

With the UPSR exams looming, I have become very anxious. Masalahnya, Aliyah memang relax saja. Until now (tinggal less than 2 weeks!), kalau tak remind dia - "what time is it now?", "what are you supposed to do now?", etc - memang dia akan relax doing her own thing. Alhamdulillah, lately she has improved a lot. Kalau dulu Math & Science memanjang dapat C, sekarang dah naik B. Ok lah tu.

However, even though I am still very, very anxious, I have slowly started to accept the fact that - UPSR is just an exam. Lagipun, both of us have agreed that we are not going to send Aliyah to any boarding school. So, no pressure. I have to constantly remind myself that my daughter is very, very special and smart in many, many ways. Her Math & Science scores might not be A, but her abilities in other areas make me very proud.

She has shown that she can be an entrepreneur after she started her own little business using the label-maker we bought her for her birthday. Our business partner Shaji jokingly told us he will pay Aliyah to teach him how to use Android phones after Hubby explained to him the different features of WeChat, WhatsApp, etc - all based on Aliyah's pointers. She's a natural with gadgets - the numerous times I had to ask her for help with my S3. She also has all the company secrets in her head as she is always present during meetings and discussions!

So, I'm just letting her go with the flow that she sets for herself. Of course I pray for her daily. My only fear is the external pressure - all her cousins got 5As. I hope she doesn't "drown" in the pressure. Pity her actually. Please pray for her :).
Kids have different capabilities and interests. How can we group them into rigid As, Bs, Cs, Ds, Es and Fs? I hope the new KSSR currently implemented will address this...

Comments