Skip to main content

Inspirational Kimora

There's something very fascinating about Kimora Lee Simmons. I'm not a fan but when I chanced upon her show, I can't help but watch it. Putting other irritating stuff about her aside, there's actually a lot you can learn from her. Like normal people she has her ups and downs. Just that she has so much money, her ups and downs don't really affect her lifestyle. Her shrewdness as a businesswoman is admirable. And... she gets what she wants. No matter what.

It's interesting that her employees are actually not that good. Really. They are just normal people. And very last-minute kind of people. But in the end, they did it. If I were to have that bunch as my staff, I would have sacked half of them. Seriously. Who needs that many people who give you heart attack every time they are asked to do something anyway?

But they achieved what they are asked to do - to Kimora's satisfaction - almost everytime. I think it's somewhere between fear of her and also high respect that make them work their magic. Thus confirms my believe - "respect must be earned". Which really is true in my little company. In order to earn the staff's respect, you need to earn it. A certain position in the company doesn't necessarily get you the kind of treatment that you wish for.

Anyway, the episode on her program for Dress for Success was a good one. She was starting out again after being dropped from Baby Phat and the journey of a new beginning was something I can really relate to. Sometimes I think I am a bit like her - a bit crazy with all these ideas. The difference is - she gets to execute all her ideas right there and then; I, on the other hand, can only wish I have the money to execute my ideas. Sigh...

Enjoy Kimora's "words of wisdom" :)

"Anything a guy can do a girl can do better...except being stupid..." (Hahaha... good one!)

"Life is a series of adjustments; You can make changes along the way, but if you don't start moving forward you'll never get anywhere!"

Comments