Skip to main content

Aliyah and School

It's been almost 2 months now since Aliyah started school. She's coping well and I now have peace of mind. I send her to school in the mornings and she comes back to my parents' place by van. She doesn't stay at Kak Mah's place anymore. That stint lasted only 1 month. I think she missed going to my parents' place and playing with her cousins. So, bila pass by the house she would look longingly and I finally relented even though hubby and me would rather she stay at Kak Mah's place.

Aliyah doesn't go to sekolah agama yet. 3 times a week she'll have agama lessons with my niece Atiqah. Next year perhaps as I've found a neighbour who's quite happy to allow Aliyah's transit. Moreover, the Abim sekolah agama is just in front of her house.

I'm however quite worried with Aliyah social interactions. She's so shy. Sometimes I ask her about her friends - with whom she goes to the canteen with, etc and she would say she went alone. I just wish she's more like her father socially than me because I was like that before. But then thinking back, I was a loner because I hated waiting for people. Girls have this irritating habit of wanting to go places in pairs and more. I remember when I was in school, I would go to the canteen alone when the bell rings, grab my food, eat at the class table with whoever's sitting there, finish up the food and go back to class. No waste of time. When I asked Aliyah she actually said more or less the same. Maybe she has not reached the stage yet to have all these "bestfriends" thingy.

This morning it rained and I sent Aliyah right up to the stairs near her class. As usual, I will held on to her hands when we walk. She kept asking until where I was going to accompany her and she let go of my hands when we reached near the stairs. I think she was embarrassed in front of her friends. I said my bye-bye and she went on without looking back. OK la, she was embarrassed kot.

Dulu I always wonder how parents can stand sending their kids to school every single day. Such monotonous tasks braving the traffic just to send their kids to school. Now that I'm actually doing it, it's actually a joy seeing your kid all grown up and going to school. I would stand near the gate and watch Aliyah walk in with her huge bag and little steps up to the school till she's lost among the other kids. And every day I would feel this parents' feeling of being proud, happy, sad and relief all at the same time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
aliyah has grown up. she may be embarassed to be seen with her parents, not in the sense that she hates you, but now at school she has her own space, wanting to be left alone and take care of herself. good of her to grow up early in her age.
Aniza said…
Tu lah, at first I mcm sedih la sikit. But then can understand her situation because masa tu dia sorang je yg parent hantar pakai payung :) Yes, she has grown, fast. The first 2-3 weeks of school, whenever I send her and watch her from the gate, she would glance back at me. Nowadays, dia jalan terus je. Mcm budak dah besar... Hmmm.