Skip to main content

Everybody Has the Option to Change Their Own Lives

I ni memanglah tak gemar nak touch on political happenings except when I'm angry at certain politicians yang buat kerja bodoh. However, the Hindraf gang is just too much. And I just can't understand what their problem is. I'm angry they are spreading all these accusations and trying to make Indians go against the Malays. I'm angry they are creating this unrest in our peaceful country. If you think you want to follow the spirits of the monks in Myanmar, go there for God's sake. Why break the peace that we currently enjoy? Why break the peace that you and your family currently enjoy?

If you have problems take it up with your community leader. It's the leader that should be helping you. If you can't see eye to eye with them, then that's your problem. You can change your own destiny. If you think your people are marginalized, change your people's perception, attitude and knowledge. Don't change the people around you. You say your people are oppressed and poor, how come the late Tan Sri Lim Goh can become a billionaire when he only had 20 cent in his pocket when he came here? How come you have lawyers, doctors, businessmen, millionaires, etc in your community if you say you were not given chance or opportunity? What is it that you really want? Diamonds on a gold platter? One million dollars for each one of you? Will that satisfy your needs?

Look, I want to live in a peaceful country. I want to be free to take my daughter everywhere I want. I don't want to drive in KL in fear that some riot might break out. I don't want to look at an Indian's face and see hatred in his or her eyes. In fact, I've met several remarkable Indians lately. Just on Tuesday I met this nice lady by the name of Elizabeth Gowry at Socso PJ who helped me with my accounts. She was so very nice and even gave me some tips. We have a nice doctor at my kampung named Dr Pragash who is in very good terms with my hubby because they both are crazy about cars. Every time I go see him, they ended up talking about cars in the consultation room and left me in distress. Pathma, the nice lady bus driver who drove my daughter to school is another nice Indian I encountered. She and her co-driver took good care of the children and ensure their safety. They make sure to hold the children's hands right up the house gate, hand the children over to the parents and only then drove off. Even the Malay van driver who drove Wani does not do that. That guy don't even have a co-driver.

I don't want to become enemies with these people. They are friends.

Comments

Anonymous said…
elizabeth gowry, a familiar name. i agree she is a nice & helpful person. if more people like her in govt, it will be a nice place to deal with rather than the sour, sorry to say, malay faces & attitudes at the front desks.
Aniza said…
I must say it's very true.