Skip to main content

A Very Good Girl Indeed

I went to pay for the school fees yesterday. Gunesh was not around so I met up with "Teacher Mala". She teaches one of the subjects to Sarah's class. Before going back she told me how good Sarah is - she listens to the teachers, she does her work, she's not naughty unlike other kids. The teacher had this really sincere expression - so, she's not trying to make me feel good.

Well, what can I say, Sarah is a well-mannered little girl. I always tribute that to my sufferings of carrying her for 9 whole months and the agonizing 12-hour labor. I had suffered long enough and me having an obedient child is the compensation.

How to illustrate what a nice girl Sarah is? Here's the scenario: picture this - time 12.20pm every day. It's the time when Sarah and Wani come back from school by their respective school vans. Some days both of them reach my mother's place at the same time. Sarah: school bag properly zipped up, wearing white shoes (no more socks as she's the only one wearing them at school), stain-free school uniform, hair still in place. She would either pull her bag or carry it on her back. Wani: school bag flapping with books exposed, wearing whatever she liked that morning sometimes white shoes, at times her old slippers or even her pink walking shoes, "haru-biru-looking" school uniform once or twice holding her underwear in one hand (after going to toilet she hates putting them back!), hair all over the place. She would drag her bag.

It's actually fun watching these 2 come back from school. My parents would laugh and comments on their differences. But they get along quite well actually.

Comments