Skip to main content

Welcome 2020

It's already the 5th day of the new year. Hope it's still not too late to wish all of you Happy New Year.

The last day of 2019 was a bit on the gloomy side for me. A lot has happened in 2019. Most notably - I lost 2 important people in my life - my sister-in-law Kak Ros and my mother. And they will always, always be in my thoughts. Yesterday, the 4th of January was the 5th year that my father passed. I can still recall accompanying my father to be warded at Hospital Serdang at midnight of 31 December 2015, walking with the nurse who's pushing his gurney, while the sounds of fireworks from Putrajaya blasted from afar. New year's eve has never been the same for me since then.

2019 was also the year that our daughter has "officially" grown up. She finished school, spent the first quarter of the year practically with me like a shadow, then got her SPM results and now pursuing her diploma in MMU Melaka. For the first time in her life, she actually left home and live on her own. While the first few weeks was a bit rough, she adjusted quite well and now doing fine. Of course I miss her terribly, but fortunately adjusting to her absence is not too difficult. Maybe because she comes home almost every other weekend, if not every weekend!

I didn't travel much last year. Saved up for one big trip to Jeju and had a fantastic time. This year insyallah there'll be another one which needs another huge save up. Kalau ada rezeki, insyallah.

That's basically my 2019. Other unpleasant encounters or happenings, while they might hurt so bad, alhamdulillah are slowly and surely being erased from my mind.

Now, 2020 so far...

Fitness wise - I completed the Samsung December challenge. Just an hour before it ended! For January challenge, I have gained the first star. Have not started jogging yet, just walking here and there. Have also not joined my regular fitness class yet. Gosh, I'm actually heavier on the first day of the new year this year than I was last year. I really need to lose some weight!
 The 2nd star looks very promising.

The new year has been quite generous to me thus far. I got one sale on Shopee last week for those kain kemban I made, and another sale on Carousell just yesterday for this black and white tote bag I made many, many moons ago. Alhamdulillah... Must start creating more things with my sewing machines!
 I cut this black fabric 3 days ago to make telekung. Thinking of adding a pocket. After cutting, the pieces are still on the table untouched!
I tried making this bookmark with elastic. Turned out quite OK. I think I'll make these more.

Comments