Skip to main content

Work and Work

Semalam both of us were stationed at The Curve for a document validation workshop. Kesian Aliyah had to be by herself. Alhamdulillah Abang Ngah, my nephew, dapat fetch. Tapi anak kesayangan kena panaskan mee goreng semalam dan makan kek pisang sampailah parents dia balik.

Anyway, lama tak buat training atau workshop. The one we attended yesterday was organised by someone else. And after the glitch where the tables had to be removed to accommodate round tables for discussion purposes, I knew why I was so so stern when it comes to event management last time. Event management must be smooth, you need to be prepared, you need checklist, you need to make sure food is ready (or if the presentation finishes early, you need to go get the hotel staff to get food earlier than planned), you need to make extra copies of the materials, and 1001 other little stuff but matters much. I think I trained my staff well because most of the times, our events were well managed. Semalam, at one point, I got so irritated I helped the hotel staff arranged the tables and chairs.

Anyway, I got good news at the end of the event. My friend aka my current boss took me aside and asked whether he could extend my contract till end of the project. My contract has ended end of February. Yeayy... tak payah pening kepala cari project baru. Alhamdulillah :). On another note, I got a message from my regular translation contact person at that favourite agency of mine offering translation work for the report I translated 2 years ago. I think they didn't do the report last year. Double yeayy!

Comments