Skip to main content

Aliyah's 3 Kitchen "Mishaps"

Nowadays, life is much easier for me that Aliyah can do simple cooking - masak burger, maggi and goreng fries or "ice cream goreng". Cuma kadang-kadang je manja-manja sikit mintak I buatkan sandwich and stuff. She's still awkward in the kitchen but slowly have started to get comfortable. But I still cringe when I see her handle a knife! Her kitchen exploration did lead to some mishaps though :)

1) Once she made cheese sandwich express style. I showed her how to do it using a frying pan. But she thought she was really smart and used the toaster instead. Very innovative. The cheese melted. I still can't get the rest of the melted cheese sticking at the bottom of the toaster till now. 

2) She told me she wanted to fry "ice cream goreng". Since I just used the wok she normally use for that to fry fish, I told her to get a new wok and put fresh oil. My daughter, at times, tend to not focus on what I said. (Typical teenager!) There was this smell of fried fish from the kitchen. She then came out with her "ice cream goreng" that looked extra yellow and extra oily. (Must be the tumeric residue in the oil). 

3) This is not mishap but something very innovative that Aliyah did. She loves Nestle Ice Cream goreng. One box costs about RM11.00 - contains only 8 balls. Once, she finished up 2 boxes of them in less than 3 days. I told her I'll only buy new stock that weekend. That night I opened the freezer to find a plate with one ice cream goreng ball that is not fried yet. I thought it really funny because there shouldn't be anymore of the ice cream. Apparently, Aliyah searched on YouTube and made her own ice cream balls :). 

Comments