Skip to main content

Good Storytelling

We were invited to present at a knowledge sharing session yesterday. Topic - KM. Venue - the agency managing the city opposite where Hubby used to work. I didn't present - Hubby and Hajar did. My point? I thought that was one of our best presentations.

I have always tried to do things differently from other people. And I have always stressed to my team that our strength is our experience and expertise. We can never win against any established companies if we follow their approach - listing out past high-profile projects, showing impressive demos, etc. Technology is always secondary. What's important is how the technology is used.

Thus the importance of good storytelling - of how technology is used for the betterment of things, showing examples and ideas, opening people's minds of how things should be implemented - instead of being awed by superficial demo presentation.

The feedback from the organiser - the information flow was very good, they understood and gained a lot from our session. As Hubby remarked - as KM should be :).

Most importantly, the trust is there.

Tak sia-sia bertekak pasal presentation flow the day before!

Comments