Skip to main content

An Ex-classmate the future TPM?

I read with interest that my ex-classmate at UPM when I took my masters expressed his interest to contest for UMNO's no 2 spot. I remember he was kind of ousted at the time and took the time off to pursue his studies. Ours was a 3-semester program, but since he did it full-time he completed it in 2 semesters and we graduated together.

My gang was never close to him even if we often said Hi and chat through one of my gangs - a 50+ old UMNO veteran guy who took the break from his business during the economic crisis. Meanwhile, the Datuk Seri was always surrounded by people, many of whom, I always suspect are simply vultures. Seriously...

At times, I have a feeling that he too felt it. There were some occasions when he would look to the back and smile from his front seat to our gang known to be the crazy ones. We were always late especially coming back after the Maghrib break. Rushing to class after work always make our stomachs growl, so we always took time to eat knowing by then the class has already started. One of us, Rozita, will always put up her hand and answer a question after 5 minutes of joining the class. She would say something, no matter what and then looked at us and say, "I've made my presence felt", and grinned.

Once we "caught" Datuk when someone at the door handed us a folder and asked that it be passed to him. When the folder reached him, he looked back to us and grinned. Apparently, that was his homework!

I was thinking now what the vultures must have gained... hmmm...

Comments