Skip to main content

Yesterday was Sarah's Birthday

Sarah was born on 19 October 2001. Yesterday she was exactly four years old. Only four years old? I told Fairuza my colleague Sarah speaks like a 10 year old.

Anyway, yesterday I didn't get to take leave, so after finishing work at DC0 at around 4pm, I went back to fetch her to take her to a bakery. I promised to take her to Angel Cake so that she can pick her own cake herself. She was so excited. She said she wanted a cake that has "chocolate banyak sangat". True to her words, she picked a moist chocolate cake with abundance of chocolate strips. Since it is Ramadhan, the celebration had to wait until buka puasa. She ate a whole piece of cake, such as achievement!

Right after we took her to Alamanda so that she can pick herself a toy. Bad idea. She didn't know what to pick with so many toys around at Toycity. She kept on picking a few and putting them back. Note to self: Next year we will buy her present, wrap it up and give it to her. No more "pick-your-own-present" session. In the end, I convinced her to buy a set of little doll with a horse with a promise to take her to MPH next Saturday for her to buy some books and colouring stuff. Better...

----------------------------------------

It's a solemn day today. The wife of the prime minister Pak Lah died this morning losing her long battle to breast cancer. I have always admired the loving couple. I receive the news with this heavy feeling in my chest just as I always react with news of death of someone I know. Al-Fatihah for her, may she rest in peace.

Comments