Skip to main content

Not in Mood

Tak de mood nak blog lately. Actually tak de mood for anything.

Besides the usuals, have been busy with my other side business - cupcakes. We got 12 dozens order last week for a party. And once a week, we open our little kitchen at the office to bake cupcakes to send to my daughter's school canteen. I must say, the income is actually not much. To me, baking is more of tension-reliever - taking a few hours break from my laptop, then me and Linda got it going with the cakes. And eating them of course!

There are 3 of us in this little business - me, Linda and my niece Iqah. It's an honest and hard-working kind of job where we spend hours labouring in front of the oven. But then, I was in bed one night before going to sleep and calculated the profits. Know what, say we sell off like 150 cupcakes a week to the school (minus any side orders like we got for the party), after tolak modal, etc we actually just got about RM50 each. And what can I do with RM50? Aku isi minyak half tank je dah RM50!

And to quote our Information Minister's lame and nervous debate last night - "harga minyak naik, rakyat masih cukup makan".

Comments