Skip to main content

Slow, Very Slow Week

Why slow week? Because I'm broke. Really broke.

That company didn't pay me for 2 months. I signed a 5K company cheque to pay for last month's 4-day training expenses. Now waiting for the agencies who came to pay up. As usual, it'll take at least 1 month for them to start processing the payments. So, I am totally broke.

So, what do I do when I'm broke? Hibernate. When I hibernate I generate ideas. Great ideas (perasan). But the ideas are here on my laptop. I'm still thinking how to put them to work. I think that's the problem with our country. People with ideas and who can work don't get the slice of the pie. But people who can talk and have top guns as their friends get to eat the pie till they burp. And still they eat and eat.

I've been talking with participants of our trainings and that's what I gathered. They buy expensive softwares that are useless. They engage vendors who can't complete projects. They pay consultants who can't even get spelling and grammar correct on their websites. They spend RM2K+ to attend a one-day training by Mat Salleh who babbled away and don't even relate their experience to the local environment.

It's really tough actually. To even put half a foot into their doors.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kak, should explore a few long-term big projects whilst running the short-term cari makan projects.