Skip to main content

Books: Latest Readings

Here are some books I've been reading and re-reading these couple of months.

I've re-read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in anticipation of the movie to be released next month. I've re-read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in anticipation of the final book, also to be released next month. I've pre-booked Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Yes, I love Harry Potter. J K Rowling is so brilliant. You read one book and you can relate something there to another book. And she planned the storyline so well.

I've been stuck with The Master for months. Still got 1/4 to go. It's a story about the 19th century writer Henry James. God it's so boring reading about people of those days. Don't know when I will ever finish it. I read Danielle Steel's Five Days in Paris. I some how wanted to revisit novels I used to read in my early 20s. I actually rented the book. Problem is, I almost never return the books I rented, no matter how trashy they are. Very light romance book and a waste of money. The only book I like by Danielle Steel is Message from Nam. That was good. It's about how someone who experienced the Vietnam war can't seem to fit in with the society and went back. I think her only attempt at something serious.

I also read Haruki Murakami's The Wind-up Bird Chronicles. But I liked Norweign Wood and Kafka on the Shore better. There was a review on Kafka on the Shore in a Malay newspaper last week. I can't remember what newspaper. If I can even call it a book review lah. Actually, it was more of translating the back cover of the book and putting in the author's profile. Even that they got it wrong. Why la so unprofessional.

Let see... what else. I read the Five People You Meet in Heaven. It was listed as one of the 10 books that one needs to read. Didn't give me any impact at all. I hate it when I read a book and after I finished reading the last line I can't recall much about the book and I don't feel anything in my chest.

Now I'm trying to read The Lord of the Rings. I bought it some time ago but can't seem to read it. Asyik skip, skip, skip till the end.

Comments