Skip to main content

MCO Day 131

It's been a while. A lot has happened. Significant ones. 

Covid-19 cases have gone up again. We are now at 2 digits. The moment the Government instructed those who came back from overseas to self-quarantine, this has been predicted. Knowing Malaysians, or rather humans in general, self-quarantine will not happen. Only to the very few who are obedient enough. Or sensible enough. Or smart enough. The rest? They had breakfast at restaurants while still wearing the quarantine bracelet. They went shopping, they went for coffee, they ditched the bracelet at the airport. Selfish idiots!

Today it was announced that the SOP for MCO will be tightened. Maybe just like before. So to those who obediently stayed home, followed SOP, maintained social distance... we are back to square one. Thanks to those few covidiots who deserve to be slapped on the face and thrown into the zoo along with the monkeys. Or rather replace the monkeys' place. 

Now that I have thrashed those morons, let's move along...

I received orders for a palazzo and a tote bag last week via Carousell. All done and safely shipped.
  Tote bag yang dah lama buat. Ada extra fabric I buatkan facemask sekali.
Since starting from 1 Aug wearing facemasks in crowded places will be mandatory, I'm adding a few more to my collection. Sebenarnya nak buat project charity facemask. Tapi nak kena siapkan seluar untuk Mas dulu!

Speaking of Mas, last Sunday was her birthday. A few days before I dah set dengan Jay untuk buat surprise. Plan asal nak hantar hadiah yang I buat tu pada Jay hari Khamis. Tapi dah ada emergency pulak, I hantar hari Sabtu. Tengah tak berapa sihat tu gagahkan juga diri ke Putra Heights demi kawan baik tersayang. Lepas kumpulkan semua gifts, terus Jay panggil Grab hantar rumah Mas.
I buatkan pasu dengan pokok "ong" tu. Jay buat kotak (rajin dia pergi print muka-muka kita orang!), isi chocolates. Lepas tu dia tambah sandwiches dan potato salad.
The culprits!

Anyway, I need to jot this down in case I forget. It's been more than a week now and alhamdulillah I feel fine now. Last week, on Thursday, I was happily washing the dishes after lunch when I had it. I suddenly felt tired and realised my heart was pounding. I rested but it didn't subside. I checked by BP and heart rate. My BP was good, but my heart rate was alarming. It was between 175-185. I went to the clinic (I drove as anak comel was having her class), was advised to go to the hospital. Hubbs rushed home, then rushed me to Hospital Serdang. Fast forward - I was wheeled to the red zone, got my heart rebooted by a bunch of wonderful doctors, and had to spend a night there for monitoring. 

I was diagnosed with SVT. Don't know how or when I started having it. Years ago when anak comel was small, I had the same experience once. Perhaps I was born with it. Because thinking back, I did experience one episode when I was running merentas desa when I was in Form 4. I couldn't continue running because I was so breathless and my friend Mazni had to accompany me walking back to school slowly. We reached the finishing line about 20mins after the cut-off. I remembered because we were both frustrated that we didn't get to contribute points for our house.

So, I now have pills in my purse in case I get the palpitations again. I am avoiding caffeine. Actually, my anak comel watches me like a hawk whenever I get myself a drink in the kitchen so I don't have the chance. I have yet to start exercising. Will see when... I have an appointment with the cardio clinic in October for further testing. And after that I might have to go through a procedure to correct my achy breaky heart!
Never imagined my normal Thursday would end up like this!

Apparently, my episodes of panic attack were actually SVT. Good thing that I know now. So that something can be done about it. Insyaallah.

Now, stay safe all of you. Please maintain social distance. Janganlah jalan or berdiri rapat-rapat sangat dengan orang OK. 

Comments