Skip to main content

Thick Face Black Heart

Once, years ago, I was advised to read the book "Thick Face, Black Heart" by two of my ex-bosses. I read only 1/4 of it because I don't think I can ever be thick faced and black hearted. Perhaps if I were to read the book again today, I might be able to appreciate and relate. But then, at times, one has got to be that way.

I really hate people who are selfish and not trustworthy. I especially hate those who do not honour their promises. That is simply "kurang ajar" especially kalau buat pada orang yang lebih tua. This person promised to remove his things from the back room of our office - and did not honour his promise 4 times. The new tenant (who already paid 1+1 rental) waited and called every day to move his stuff in and to install telephone line. But this stubborn person simply took his own sweet time and didn't even bother to reply our calls and sms or even inform us when he really was going to move out. The least he could do was to just sms and set a new date if he couldn't make it. At least we know what to tell the new tenant. But he didn't. He simply kept quiet.

After the 4th time he ditched us, I gave him one last chance. And still he didn't show up. So, I called the movers and got every single stuff out and sent them over to his father's place. I finally convinced myself that this is not a person worthy of any respect because he never respect other people. Petang tu apparently he came to the office and surely was surprised to see his "ex-office space" empty. Masa tu boleh pulak guna telephone call banyak kali.

Kita jangan dok kira marah kita saja. Kita yang buat orang marah berminggu-minggu tu tak pernah ke terfikir? And I didn't make my decision based on anger. I am too old and wise for that sh*t. It was the most logical, sensible and professional thing to do. Other people might just dump the stuff at any dumpster. At least I was nice enough to make sure his stuff was well taken care of and he can claim his stuff anytime. As long as he goes back to see his parents yang rasanya dah bertahun tak jumpa.

Comments