Skip to main content

Langkawi Trip: Day 1

The day started early. I woke Aliyah, just whispering "Wake up, mandi. We are going to Langkawi". I went to get her towels and by the time I looked back, she's already taken off her clothes. Sepantas kilat. Kalau kejut bangun sekolah punya lah susah. My father came to send us to LCCT. After breakfast of roti canai, off we went.

Surprisingly, checking in was a breeze. We had more than 1 hour to spare so we wondered around the small terminal. Serious, got nothing much to do or see there, let alone place to sit. So we took turns sitting on the trolley.

In the departure hall we had a pleasant surprise. Ran into Cik Mat Khusairi, an old friend / boss from my NST days. What a coincidence - same 30 sen tickets, same flight to the same destination, same little family of 3 with one little girl, staying at the same place - walking distance to each other's hotel, same length of holidays... I think he's stalking me. (Cik Mat, you jgn stalk I OK).

I've never flew with AirAsia before, so it's a bit funny that we had to queue. (Ye la, ko bayar tiket 30 sen what do you expect!) The express boarders and senior citizens boarded first. Should have taken express boarding - extra RM10 sorang saja. While in line I wondered which our plane was because there was one that just taxied in and people were getting off the plane. So, couldn't be that lah kan. But then we followed the queue and that WAS actually our plane. La, that plane just touched down engine pun tak mati lagi. Memang macam naik bas.

When we took off I held Aliyah's hand in case she got scared. But she wasn't. Excited je dok intai luar tengok clouds. So, confirmed she's not afraid of heights, nor flying. By the time we reached Langkawi, it was past lunch time and we were so hungry. Had lunch at the airport - Kenny Roasters. Ok la, only it sounded really awkward when the waitress said to me "Kalau ada apa-apa, akak habaq kat saya ya". Hehehe...

Next, took a taxi to Awana Porto Malai. Didn't get a room with nice view though. Tak pa lah. We paid just RM180 for 3D/2N stay there, peak season, so no complains. But beautiful hotel Mediterranean style. Look down from the boardwalk and we could see fish and crabs in the water among the rocks. There are these cute striped fish that seemed to follow us along the boardwalk and Aliyah announced that they are her friends. So, kalau turun lobby saja - "Jom pegi tengok my friends". I however feel a little bit claustrophobic because there's no beach. I'm a beach person. I love walking in the sand along a beach. I love the feeling of sea water washing up my feet. So, at the hotel, I'm definitely not getting that. But my little daughter, she doesn't really care as long as she can jump into the pool. So, the rest of the day was spent at the pool. Naik flight punya jauh pegi holiday and where did we end up at? The pool. Hmmpphh...

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Aliyah had a kid's meal of spaghetti, hubby had pizza and I had fried rice. The spaghetti and pizza were so so good, menyesal order fried rice even though it was good also. (Dah concept Mediterranean tak reti-reti nak order house specialty?) Very nice ambiance eating at the boardwalk with checked table cloth and candles listening to the sounds of waves. And the food only cost RM49. Even our lunch at Kenny's was more than RM50.

So far so good for our first day there. But one thing that strikes me - I ni kan selalu judge things by "feeling". Langkawi is over commercialized. There are restaurants every other meters along the roads with souvenir shops in between. Can't even enjoy the view of the sea from the road. When I was at Awana Kijal early this year I had this feeling - "rasa tak nak balik, nak stay and find a job there". But in Langkawi it was - "rasa nak holiday here for a few days and then back home".

Day 2 coming up!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pergi holiday pun masih log-in internet! Tsk, tsk, tsk... mesti withdrawl symptom ni.

Have a great holiday & safe journey with family.

Wassalam.
Aniza said…
Actually, dah balik dah... But yes, always have withdrawal symptom if I'm away from my laptop and Internet connection. Hehe...