Skip to main content

Happy (Belated) New Year 2024

 I'm 1 month late in wishing you a Happy New Year. Happy New Year 2024 people! May the year brings much joy and happiness to you and your family. As usual, my new year resolution is to lose some weight. Hahaha... same old, same old. I gained some weight last year. I attributed it to my fixation for that delicious Aren Caramel Latte. I think I consumed it at least twice a week! And my laziness to move around to exercise. At first it was - too early to workout after my ablation procedure, then it was too hot, or it rained... And suddenly I gained 3kgs.

So, this year I vowed to reduce my sugar intake. Nowadays it's just air kosong ais when we dine out. Sometimes terbabas juga but rarely. Rice pun dah kurangkan separuh dari biasa. I also started my brisk walks 2-3 times a week and for the first time in 2 years, I think, I got my self the January badge for Samsung steps challenge. Yeayyy!

I got this yesterday!

Yesterday was also our 24th wedding anniversary. Alhamdulillah for 24 long years of ups and downs. It is such a blessing to have a soulmate and bestfriend as your roomie. Last Dec we actually planned to go for short vacation somewhere on this date but then Hubbs got news of relocation to another project. Good thing I didn't make the booking because the new project started last Monday. So, just a simple dinner at Hishamraus saja.

Happy Anniversary dearest Hubbs

Last year when we got our new car, we planned to travel somewhere maybe once a month. Just somewhere not so far, maybe a small town just to explore the place and the food. We started with Ipoh. It was actually Hubbs' company's retreat to Lost World of Tambun. I followed and I guess I had more fun than Hubbs because I got to explore the place while he participated in team building activities! A few weeks later we went for a weekend trip to Tanjung Karang->Teluk Intan. We had a blast especially eating really good and reasonably-priced food! I have yet to write about them. Soon I hope.

Last weekend we explored Taman Warisan Putrajaya. Sajalah nak briskwalk sebenarnya disamping tengok-tengok pokok buah. Quite a nice place. I hope Hubbs settles down with his new project very soon because he booked a chalet that belonged to his friend in Marang early March. We were supposed to go November last year but the weather then was not so good. Kalau overwhelmed with work nanti kena postpone lagi pulak. I have a trip coming up during CNY holidays with the usual achik-achik. It's a cruise to Singapore. Our very first of such trip and it's going to be a new experience.

Durian tengah lebat berbuah. Posing je!
Ada tokoh!

Since October last year I've been quite busy with my craft sewing. It started with a few people asking about my batik bookmarks. Two of them requested for batik Malaysia so I scrambled to get kain batik stocks from my Abang Ben. Alhamdulillah I got quite a big order that I think I sewed bookmarks for 2 whole months for 4 different customers. It totaled around 1,400 bookmarks! And since then I've been getting steady orders on my Shopee store, on average 2 orders per week. Alhamdulillah. May not seem much but then it started as a hobby and still is. I sew when I feel like it and put them on my store. Sometimes I got messages asking if I can custom make certain items and I usually complied. Sometimes I got difficult requests and I would pass. I used to try to make what people requested but nowadays I'm living my days tenang-tenang saja I don't wish to complicate my life. No unnecessary stress!
A small portion of the bookmarks I made last year
Someone requested I restock this yesterday

It's such a pleasure to make something and have the person who bought it giving me nice feedback. Really make my day. The person who bought the batik tote bags just sent me a message saying she received the bags and they look really nice. Alhamdulillah. So, so happy! I don't put high price for the things I sew. I just love making crafts and having people own them and appreciating them is worth more than the amount I charge. I guess this is just something I pick up from watching too much of NHK documentaries! On that note, I need to restock batik coasters and tote bags.  

Hope your January has been good. It has for me Alhamdulillah.

Comments