Skip to main content

My #MyCyberSale Picks - Books, Books, Books

Kinokuniya is also having its #MyCyberSale. Time macam ni memang rambang mata tengok buku. Here are my picks of books that I just love. Kot la ada yang tengah cari buku apa nak beli kan...

1. Kazuo Ishiguro was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature for 2017. Murakamians are again disappointed. Bila lah agaknya Haruki Murakami punya turn? I have read only one book by Ishiguro i.e. Never Let Me Go. Quite a thought-provoking story. Perhaps time to read his other books.

2. I am a true fan of Haruki Murakami. Walaupun lately hobby membaca agak kurang berbanding hobby menjahit, I always have his books on my side table. Ya, masih membaca What I Talk About When I Talk About Running. Uisshhh... rasa dah berbulan baca buku ni. I started reading Murakami's Norweign Woods and I just got hooked. He's simply brilliant without having to try to be brilliant😎. Buku tu dah baca 4-5 kali kot. Another favourite is Kafka on the Shore. Story-telling at its best! First time I baca buku, habis saja the very last word of the book, I pondered about 5 minutes thinking of the ending, and then straight away re-read the book.

3. Finally - the Calvin and Hobbes comics. They are hilarious, can be a bit cynical at times, heart-warming and most notably - just pokes fun at people without us even realising it (at times). Even though the comic strip has ended, the duo is still very much loved by people all over the world. I have to admit that I actually miss them😢.

So, get your dose of reading from Kinokuniya OK.

Comments