Skip to main content

Today's Makan

Nampak sangat tak de idea nak tulis apa kan? Today is a quiet day at the shop. I get to spend time to do the other mysa. Ada glitch. I'm so-called terminating a couple of partners and appointing a new one to do all the work. Almost. I've completed the contract and now outlining the exact scope of work. That's a lot of headache especially at this stage when the story is still in progress.

Anyway... I'm still sending food over to my parents every working day. Nowadays, my mother has become a little bit "demanding" :). If she's bored of eating a certain food, she would push it aside. Or force me to take it back to give someone else. Even the ones brought over in the morning by my brother Angah. She said that my father has warned her that if she can't or won't finish the food I brought, don't eat at all. Oh wow, that's stern. I guess that's just my father's way of getting her to finish up her food.

I bought her nasi dagang and nasi kerabu last week from the restaurant nearby and she loves it. So, my nasi goreng is no longer in favour! The week before, I made pengat pisang using the pisang tanduk we had at home. She tasted a bit and pushed away all the other food saying "sedap...". She even requested me to get her some bread to wipe the gravy clean. I think it must have been years since she ate pengat pisang :(. I'm raking my brains what else I could bring my mother...
Today's lunch for my parents - udang bakar masak lemak cili api dengan kambas dan pegaga. The prawns were the leftovers from our BBQ which I kept in a small container in the freezer. I must say it tasted yummy with the smokey flavour. Also, tahu and tempe goreng disiram kuah rojak which I saved (also in the freezer) from the rojak we bought last week. 

Comments