Skip to main content

I Just Realised How Lucky We Were...

I realised something this morning...

As I was sitting at the school hall this morning waiting for the ceremony to start, I looked around at the other parents. Most looked like they have taken time off from work, or leave. I know it's actually not easy for working parents to take time off or apply leave to attend such event. Some even come alone. Perhaps the other half couldn't make it.

And I recall the years since Aliyah started school in 2006 (kindie at 5 years old), a year after I resigned from my previous company. Alhamdulillah, I can gladly say that I managed to attend all important school events throughout the years. I never miss any report card day. I attended all sports day that Aliyah participated, I sent her off to school trips, camps and classes, and fetched her right after. Yup, almost all events that needed a parent to attend - I attended. Except PIBG meetings. Because I just think it's a waste of time. Really.

On the day my little girl graduated from primary school, I am so glad that I was always there for her throughout the 6 years. As I pretended to read the itinerary, I shed a few tears. At times like this, all the struggles and challenges I face while being an entrepreneur seem so worth it. And no amount of money can even match the time that I get to spend with my daughter. Alhamdulillah...

Comments