Skip to main content

Sanctuary

Everybody needs a sanctuary. A place he or she is comfortable at. A place where the person can go and be at peace. This sanctuary obviously differs based on a person's needs, personality, etc... even heart. I have my own sanctuary. I created it from scratch. And I don't want to lose it. Because it is not only my sanctuary. It is also Aliyah's.

My little office is my sanctuary. I created it, yes, from scratch. The size and shape is a bit awkward. But that's what makes it special. It has my desk and Aliyah's. It has a sofa for my guests to sit. It also serves as the place for me to take a snooze if I go to work real early and gets sleepy by 9am. It is also the place where Aliyah takes a rest after school, or if she's not well, or if she just wants to rest. It has a huge desk with very comfortable chair. It is the place where I work best. Where I spend day and night working. At times even weekends. It is where problems are solved and projects are won. It is also where problems are suffocating and projects are lost. It is the place where I laugh and cry. Smile and weep. It is the place where ideas are abundance. It is also a place where idiotic decisions are made.

It is close to everything I need to keep working. A bank downstairs to get some cash. A few restaurants to get decent food. A bakery to get desserts. Nowadays, there is even Secret Recipe, PHD and Cool Blog. There's a stationery shop to get Aliyah's stuff (especially emergency cases like having to buy something for art class the next day at 8pm). There's also a tuition centre next door and another one just behind the block. I'm still thinking whether I should put Aliyah for tuition next year.

It has all the perfect qualities I wish for an office that also serves as my sanctuary. As simple as that.

If some people don't share my passion for that little sanctuary, that's fine with me. You have your own sanctuary, I have mine. And mine is also my daughter's sanctuary. That makes mine special.  

Comments