Skip to main content

This Path

Last week, we were at that potential client's office in KL to discuss our proposal and managed to catch up with our ex-colleague, or rather, one of my ex-bosses. He was in such a hurry, apologising for not being able to talk long due to abundance of work on his shoulders. He mentioned about having so much work that he usually comes back home at 11pm-midnight - daily. And while about to walk back, he said that we are lucky having a business that allows us to spend time with our family. I told him - it comes with pros and cons. Yeah, he said with a smile.

Just minutes ago, my Jobstreet email suggested a job vacancy that I so, so, so qualify - Masters in Corp Comm. It's for a agency, with job scope that I so, so, so have the expertise in - strategic comm planning, writing, website & intranet, budget monitoring, corporate governance... I seldom even glance at job vacancies, but this just grabbed my interest. Location = the heart of KL. Salary = I calculated, with my current spending habit, I may just save up for my retirement in just 3 years.

But then, I've been there and done that... I don't know if I have the drive to be back on life on the fast lane. As it is, things are tough, but to have someone holding a director's title in a public-listed company who envies me for the path I'm leading - that is priceless. An eye-opener.

What I'm doing now gives me the peace of mind. Knowing that I will always be there for my family at all times (almost!). It is also challenging - beating the odds that come my way, for this little company I call my own. It allows me to work like crazy, it also allows me to be lazy like crazy. I swim through the ups and downs. And I pray for many more years to come.

Like I always say - I'm taking the road not taken...

Comments