Skip to main content

Aliyah in the Kitchen

Ever since I introduced her to Junior Masterchef Australia, Aliyah has been a fan. She would say, "Sedapppnyaaa..." watching the kids cook. Memang nampak sangat delicious pun. A few weeks ago, we bought her a resin-coated knife, that looks like the ones being used in the show. However, even though it looks plasticky, the blade is still stainless steel and so very sharp. Aliyah has been so excited to help out in the kitchen ever since.

I don't think my mother had a hard time letting me help out in the kitchen with a knife when I was little. I believe I was dragged into helping! But Aliyah... letting her hold the sharp knife... cutting something... I cringe even at the thought. I know I have to let her try. She's a girl after all. So, since yesterday, she's been helping out - peeling and cutting the onions and garlic, and cutting up veges. I let her use the knife but kept one saying - "be careful with your fingers..." like every 5 minutes.

She's been eating a lot - especially when we complimented that the food tasted good because she helped out :). Big girl now...
Cutting up sawi for lunch yesterday - mee goreng.

Comments