Skip to main content

Aliyah Merentas Desa

It was Aliyah's first merentas desa last Saturday now that she's in Tahap 2. The few days leading to the merentas desa, her friends came over to practice. I don't know if running around our block and gulping bottles of ice orange Sunquick can be considered as "practice"! But it was nice to see her having fun with her friends.

That morning, I was actually worried sick. My little girl will run/walk 4kms today. That's such a long route. I was so worried she might get cramps or fall or worst - faint. Apparently Hubby shared the same feeling that he wore his sports attire and actually followed the activity.

They came back at 11am with surprising and delightful news - Aliyah not only finished the race, she got number 25 for Std 4 girls! And her house - Yellow House - got first place! Medals given to numbers 1-20. That's not so far off.

I guess, as parents we always worry about our kids to the point of underestimating. I was so proud of her :)

Comments