Skip to main content

Like Mommy Like Daughter

I love soundtracks. When I was younger (much younger than now), after catching a movie I really like, I would buy the soundtrack and listen to it in the car. Dulu-dulu beli cassette je, so murah. I remember when I was doing my practical teaching at a school in Banting, I used to give this Form 2 girl, who goes to the same school, a lift. I always had the soundtrack of The Lion King on. She would give me funny looks especially when the songs like Hakuna Matata was on - like I am this crazy woman listening to cartoon songs and funny instrumental music.

Whenever I catch her giving such looks, I would tell her - "Listening to songs is one of the best ways to learn English, you know. Like these songs, you can just listen and understand the whole story." I was so sure she was very relieved that she didn't get me as her English teacher.

Now, my little girl has developed the same funny characteristic - she too loves soundtracks. I didn't really realise this at first because usually she would ask us to download the songs she likes from the movies. After Narnia a few weeks ago, she actually got her Abah to download the soundtrack of the previous Narnia onto her phone - the song called To Aslan's Camp, along with a few others.

Macam Mommy dia...

Comments