Skip to main content

House Renovation: Week 19

It was a busy and so very tiring week. We are still waiting for the rest of the wiring and the grills to come in. We had a QC session with Miqdam yesterday and everything should be completed this week. I so very wish! A lot of our stuff are already packed and a house full of boxes is not a pretty sight. Insyaallah the buka rumah will be this Saturday.

Hubby took 3 days leave last week from Wednesday to the weekend and he spent those days being a "buruh kontrak". He did touch-ups, painted the bathrooms, practically scrubbed off the paint for the stairs railing and repainted it (such perfectionist), even repainted the sliding doors at the stairs because I accidently "scratched" it with a rug and thinner. He came home everyday exhausted and flat. I had a meeting and presentation on Wednesday and Thursday, so my only contribution was to rush home after my work was done and bought him lunch. But I managed to clear my schedule on Friday and joined him. I cleaned up the toilets and scrubbed the skirtings and tiles of the whole house with rugs and thinner to remove paints and ended up with cracked fingers. By end of the day, we were both dirty and smelly.

On Friday morning Andy from the nursery came for maintenance of the garden and Hubby gave me a delightful surprise. On our last visit to the nursery, I saw this nice Yucca tree. I love this tree. When we got married and moved to our Puchong apartment, we scouted around for the tree but the price was always more than RM250 - chest high with at least 3 "trunks". We never got to buy one. The tree at Andy's place was perfect. He had one extra and said for us it's just RM200. Hubby kept asking whether I want it, but I couldn't make up my mind. Cash is very low nowadays. That Friday morning, I went to the new house with breakfast for Hubby, stepped into the compound and felt something different on my right. I can see Hubby and Andy grinning at the patio. I looked to my right and there, already planted, was the Yucca tree!
Nice surprise for me :) Love that tree.
Kat dalam dah siap, work on the garden pulak... Love that man.

On Friday, the guy from hardware shop came to install the curtain rods and railings, and the retractable clothes hanger. Now, I pray the rest of the work can be completed this week...

Comments