Skip to main content

Aliyah Now Stays at Her Old Kindy After School

Due to "unforeseen circumstance", Aliyah no longer goes back to my Mother's place after school. I spent the weekend last week reeking my brains on where to put Aliyah and finally I decided on the place where she's comfortable, where I know she'll be taken care of and safe, and where she can make more friends. Her old kindy!

I met up with Gunes the assistant principal and I was so impressed with the activities they have for the transit kids. Terus paid for April fees and Aliyah started going there on 1st April. And both of us parents have more peace of mind. Her daily activities: a bath right after being dropped by the school van, lunch, then depends - usually a nap where all kids need to rest, then the teacher will wake everybody up (Aliyah cerita the teacher will say "Wake up children!"), then tea time of kuih or bread, then the teacher will help with homework, then a mengaji Iqra' session with the ustazah, and finally art class. If whether is good, the kids will be taken to the playground in front of the school. If not, then just playing in the compound. Aliyah looks happy every time I fetch her especially after art classes because she loves drawing and colouring, though she misses Wana very much.

And my parents missed her. Yesterday, I was conducting training and my father called. He asked whether I wanted my usual order of beef from Pasar Tani. Err... it's been weeks since my last order... Then he asked what time I was coming back and before I could answer he said "Mesti balik lambat kan? Tak pa, biar Abah jemput Aliyah". I told him no need and hubby's going to try to get off early but he insisted. I know he wanted to check the place out and see his grandchild. Kesian pulak...

Comments